Monday, October 28, 2013

Meatball sub

Tonight I made meatball subs. You can see the pin on my food board. They were fingerlickin good. And I'm excited because I used ground turkey instead of ground beef! Sometimes I get nervous when I use ground turkey because it gives dishes a distinct flavor, but it wasn't overwhelming at all.

Here are the other substitutions I made:
- fresh basil instead of fresh parsley (I have a basil plant so I was just being lazy by using it instead of going out to buy parsley, but it gave it a really nice flavor. Win-win!)
- Newman's marinara instead of homemade marinara
- hot dog buns instead of baguettes (y'all know I'm cheap)
- shredded mozzarella instead of sliced mozzarella 
- 1/3 of a yellow onion instead of one shallot 

Even with all the changes, it was really good. It makes about 6-7 subs.  Try it ladies!

Love y'all,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment